Thursday, May 26, 2005

Office Update

Seems that the love of Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart" spans the generations throughout my office.

And I need you now tonight,
And I need you more than ever...
Once upon a time, I was falling in love
Now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart

This song is better when sung with dramatic hand movements and your eyes closed, that evokes the proper teen angst.

****

Also, from the IT guy to E, since her boss's use of the email high priority exclamation point has gotten out of hand:

“That is totally like the boy who cried wolf. He abuses the exclamation point. I should send out an email asking people to refrain from using the exclamation point. I could make something up like it puts to much strain on the server or something.”

He really should, it's not like they would ever figure out he was lying. Turning on the computer itself is sometimes very hard for some of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

total eclipse of the heart has been stuck in my head ever since a friend said he wanted it sung at his wedding. i told him it wasn't a very romantic song for a wedding. i don't think he thought much beyond "forever's gonna start tonight"

-ally

Rachel said...

HIS wedding? Wow...who knew even boys felt the Bonnie Tyler love.