Friday, April 29, 2005

Down-home Dinner (the upcoming wedding, part one)

Last night, I got an invitation to the rehearsal dinner for my cousin's wedding this May. In typical Texas fashion, this rehearsal dinner is going to feature massive amounts of barbecue and fried catfish. Some thoughts:

I'm already so excited I can hardly stand it. The invitation was printed on paper with a red bandana pattern, so obviously it's already off to a good start.

As the *ahem* maid of honor, I wonder if I have to make a toast or something amongst the platters of ribs? I will definitely have to check my teeth first.

It's a good thing that the skirt of my bridesmaid dress has this convenient old-lady elastic waistband...expandable for the stuffing that will most certainly occur the night before.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the elastic is fortunate, yet wears odd and lends definite grannyness to the dress. but now that we've got reasonably ok dresses, what kind of jewelry are we going to have to wear? :)
~holly