Thursday, June 16, 2005

Misheard

As much music as I listen to, it's really quite amazing that I don't screw up the lyrics more often than I do. Today at work, while in a bit of a floor wide mood and looking for Montell Jordan's "This is How We Do It," we found Blackstreet's "No Diggity" on the share drive instead (have I also mentioned that we're known to listen to VH1 karaoke hits on Fridays? 'Cause we are...). This reminded me of an earlier misheard:

Actual lyrics: I like the way you work it, no diggity, I'd like to bag it up...
Guy in college heard: I liked it when you worked here, no diggity... (to which another friend quipped, "Did you think she worked in a grocery store? I like to BAG IT UP?!")


Another one: Chumbawumba, "Tubthumping"
Actual: I get knocked down, but I get up again...
I heard: I can't go down, 'til I get up again (makes no sense, I know, but then neither does the rest of the song anyway)


A so-sentimental-it-makes-you-gag-a-little song: Edwin McCain, "I'll Be"
Actual: I'll be your crying shoulder, I'll be love's suicide
Dear friend who shall remain nameless thought: I'll be your crying shoulder, I'll be love's superstar (the image works better if you do the Mary Catherine Gallagher SUPERSTAR! move while singing along dramatically)


I can't put my all-time favorite on here, otherwise people who run pervy searches on google would find my site and we can't have that. I will tell you it involves The Fugees' "Killing Me Softly" and if you email me, I'll tell you the whole story :).

No comments: