Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I mean, really

Is it necessary that Congress continue to interview baseball players about steroid use? Don't they have ANYTHING more pressing to deal with than that?

I once had a visitor from Denmark who I took to a Nationals game. We were supposed to meet up at the stadium, but he was a no-show for a while (fortunately Gina was along too, so I wasn't just sitting around twiddling my thumbs). Turns out he was wandering around the stadium, comparing and contrasting to soccer stadiums in Copenhagen and other various places he'd been. One of the questions he asked involved the whole steroid scandal. I believe it was something like "Why do they need steroids? I mean, they're just sort of these overweight guys with sticks...they don't even have to run that far." Exactly.

And in breaking news, it's still not even a little bit important in the grand scheme of things. New topic!

No comments: