Thursday, August 25, 2005

Chicks were born to give you fever, be it fahrenheit or centigrade...

Someone just told me that wearing my hair straight "brings out [my] beauty."

I love compliments, truly I do. Maybe even more so than the average person...I'd like to believe that I take them well, too. None of this "oh, this old thing?" or "I can't believe you said that, I hate my hair" crap. I generally just say "thank you" (and grin enormously) because I choose to believe that if someone is going to take the time to say something nice to me, they probably mean it.

That being said, I would like to offer some commentary to Fate. If someone is going to like how I look or say nice things to me, could we mix it up a bit and throw some new people in? Perhaps people (ahem, men) who like women? And by like, I do not mean appreciate them for esoteric and aesthetic reasons, I mean like.



On a whole other subject, I have "Fever" by Peggy Lee stuck in my head, hence the title. I'll give you some more lyrics, because they are just that good:

Romeo loved Juliet, Juliet she felt the same
When he put his arms around her, he said "Julie, baby, you're my flame...
Thou givest fever...
When we kisseth, fever with thy flaming youth
FEVER! I'm a fire, fever yea I burn forsooth..."

Is that awesome or what? It's better if you can hear that fab 60's beat in the background. I highly recommend checking it out.

No comments: