Thursday, June 29, 2006

Regarding the Warren Buffet big donation story:

His children will not inherit a significant proportion of his wealth. These actions are consistent with statements he has made in the past indicating his opposition to the transfer of great fortunes from one generation to the next. Buffet once commented, "I want to give my kids enough so that they could feel that they could do anything, but not so much that they could do nothing."

How wrong is it that I sincerely hope that this makes the Paris Hilton-types of the world wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night?

4 comments:

danielle said...

it's not wrong at all. i love this man, he should be a role model for anybody making millions.

Anonymous said...

you know he's jimmy's uncle, right? i know jimmy doesn't have quiet that much wealth but after having liscenced his margaritaville ass off i wonder what he's doing with his millions

Stephanie said...

Who is Jimmy?
On GMA WB said something about his kids being members of the lucky sperm club. If only I could remember the quote...

Stephanie said...

Nevermind - I'm stupid. I wasn't linking Jimmy and Buffet despite the margaritaville comment. doh!