Thursday, November 24, 2005

Fair Warning

So with the holidays, I've seen so many spots focusing on St. Jude's. Now, don't get me wrong, I am certainly not complaining. I think St. Jude's does incredible work and also think that it's important to spotlight such things, especially during the holidays where the main focus, while probably unintentional, tends to focus on materialism and decadence. But I digress.

The only problem with these spots is that they make me tear up. Or downright cry. But one of the two ALWAYS happens. I can't watch them - even the one with the actors reading the words of parents - without getting a little weepy. And it appears that these spots are going to continue for the rest of holiday season. So this is just a heads up to let anyone who might come into contact with me: I will probably be an emotional wreck by the end of December.

But if you have no idea what I'm talking about, you should check out the work they do - I'm okay with giving into the weepiness if it's a worthy cause.

No comments: