Monday, March 03, 2008

It's been a while since I posted about food

Have I told y'all how much I love brunch? I can't remember. But I do. Lots.

We went to "The Original Pancake House" on Saturday. It's important such meals happen at brunchy sort of time, since the average human can't (shouldn't?) eat their body weight in pancakes, eggs, bacon, and hash browns first thing in morning. Through a series of miscommunications, we had to wait about an hour to eat, and in typical fashion, I was running late in the morning so I didn't make myself any coffee before we left. By the time we were seated, the waitress practically had to insert an intravenous drip into my arm so I could function enough to peruse the menu. Fortunately, everything looked so tasty I couldn't really go all that wrong. I ended up with a Pecan Waffle and we all split a gigantor Apple Pancake.

But in the end, it isn't the food. It's the lazy, roll out of bed and hang out with friends, have some coffee and silly laughs, and look up and oh wait it's already 2 pm. Saturdays rock.

Other good brunch places: Kramerbooks, Bob and Edith's, and I hear Carlyle but haven't been. Kandi's on a mission to hit the whole list in the Washingtonian, so apparently my next twenty Saturdays are spoken for.

No comments: