Monday, March 19, 2007

Hola Paco. Que tal?

I just finished tutoring a Spanish student, and man is my brain fried right now. Couldn't even figure out how to do the upside question mark up there (don't judge me, okay...I KNOW it's wrong) which I swear I used to know how to do.

I would like to point your attention to one of my favorite websites to frequent: postsecret.blogspot.com. I know this is old news, and it was so the rage like a year ago or something, but I am drawn with tractor-beam force to the site every Sunday. The confessions are mesmerizing...sometimes disturbing, sometimes graphic, sometimes sort of foreign, but it's always worth the click.

I often muse as to what secrets I could send in. Some are bitter and hateful (and as such, will not be shared in this oh-so-not anonymous setting), others are proof that I am crazy. Most are just silly. For instance, I often catch myself deciding on what perfume I will choose for the day based on the perfume bottle's coordination with my outfit. Like the smell has a color? But I associate it with one, and as such would prefer everything to match. Maybe this is a crazy indicator as well as a silly thing. Anyhoo. There are others that I can't summon right this minute, but you get my point.

I love the silly non sequiturs into other people's brains. But then are those tidbits really all that irrelevant in the end? Is it possible that they reveal something really important that "deep" conversations don't even touch? Answer: I have no idea. But I like to let the thought roll around in my head a little.

And with that, bedtime.

No comments: