Saturday, October 01, 2005

Concert recap

Someone indirectly asked me (it's a long story, not interesting enough to tell) about my favorite Coldplay concert moment. It got me thinking about it.

Tough question. Largely because I have to think about specific moments, and in a whole blur of people and music and lights and whatnot, those are sort of hard to narrow down.

I think one of my favorites is a general feeling. It's that semi-silence right before a new song is going to start, when the very first hints of chords are being played, and you just know that everyone in the audience is thinking, "which one is this...?" Then there is the tell-tale sound, the dead giveaway of a certain intro, and everyone goes NUTS.

Everyone singing along to "Fix You," just like they do in the video. That was unbelievable.

Hearing "Yellow" live, because that (despite it's being overplayed) is still one of my favorite rock songs of all time.

Ditto for "The Scientist." Except it's probably more of a ballad, not a rock song.

I also love hearing the band chat with the audience; it makes everything so much more personal.

And last but not least, there's this high that lasts for days every time you see people that talented perform, whether they're huge or a garage band. Music is so great.

No comments: